Subject: [Leica] More from Memphis
From: pswango at att.net (pswango@att.net)
Date: Mon Sep 19 19:00:27 2005

Thanks to all who commented on the Memphis set.  I think Katrina has made me
want to retrieve something from my southern past and make something whole
out of it.  I have lived in both New Orleans and Biloxi and my sense of loss
is very acute.

Steve, thanks for your comment on â??Susan.â??  She is still a good friend,
but the hippie chick in the photo is now sort of a New Age senior.  She
recently retired to New Mexico, though not near me.  I keep returning to
that picture too.  For me it is the look of her hair and her mouth.
And you're right -- the picture pretty much defines her persona.

Craig and David, the waitress shot was one of several in the group that I
had never printed before I started this project.  I donâ??t remember taking
it and donâ??t know where it was, other than Memphis.  Iâ??ve been enjoying
it too.  I like her sly look and dentally-challenged smile.  Despite her
plainness she seems quite pleased to have her picture made.  Another picture
that was new to me was the one of Mrs. Calicott and the hat.  I was not in
the habit making contact sheets back then.  Iâ??m realizing now I overlooked
some worthy negs that way.  Which is good â?? Iâ??m finding them now!

Ric, I asked Furry if his cat was male or female.  He told me that he slept
with it and he didnâ??t sleep with â??no kind of man.â??  A couple of other
things to note are that he has only one leg, and his shotgun is visible
leaning against the wall.  The picture was used in Guitar World Acoustic
magazine last year and discussed on the LUG at the time.

Nathan pointed out that a few of these have been posted before.  He is
right, but I thought they belonged in the Memphis set, so I included them.
Iâ??m sort of migrating everything over to Smugmug, so some of the things I
posted elsewhere will show up there eventually, in one gallery or another.

All galleries are at http://pswango.smugmug.com/.  Iâ??m adding new (old)
images all the time.