Subject: [Leica] Rory Block photo
From: pswango at att.net (pswango@att.net)
Date: Tue Sep 20 17:01:43 2005

Nice picture of Rory, George.  On my first visit to NYC in 1965 I was
wandering around the Village and found myself in a sandal shop where a guy
was playing a fiddle.  I was an old-time music buff so I hung around and
took a few pictures (IIIf, Elmar).  Many years later I became a fan of Rory
Block, and it slowly came back to me that the name on the sandal shop was
Allan Block, and that he just MIGHT be her father. Sure enough he was.  And
he was the guy playing the fiddle.  So today I dug out this 40-year old
print, faded and stained, and scanned it.  You can see it here:

http://pswango.smugmug.com/gallery/825205

Rory played here last year and I missed the show.  I wanted to give her a
print of the picture she's never seen of her dad.  If anyone knows an email
address where I can reach her, let me know.  I've looked a bit on Google
without success.  I also hope to locate the original negative so I can do a
better scan.

Thanks, Phil