Subject: [Leica] Re: Rory Block Photos
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Sep 21 10:55:16 2005

Phil's photo from Greenwich Village in 1965 reminds me - do NOT miss "No
Direction Home" next week on PBS if you have the slightest interest at all
in Bob Dylan, folk music, Greenwich Village in the late 50s and early 60s,
or film making. I admit to having run out and bought the two DVD set of this
Martin Scorcese documentary when it went on sale yesterday (making it one of
a total of about four movies I own ;-) , and sat down and watch the entire
thing - close to four hours - straight through last night. It is a brilliant
piece of film making, includes a lot of classic bw photographs - and we even
see a Leica here and there - amazing music, and bizarrely lucid, insightful
interview footage with Bob Dylan. Not to be missed.

Replies: Reply from mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Re: Rory Block Photos)