Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG DMR
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Thu Sep 22 15:48:36 2005

> but every test I've read - from the Leica
> enthusiast Erwin Putts to the last Chasseusr d'Images-  aren't  not as
> brilliant as the owners comments.

Puts' review has several flaws and I have not seen the CdI review.  My
personal experience is with an in-store demo so my opinion of comparitive
image quality is essentially worthless, however - FWIW - among the DMR users
I know of two were so impressed with the DMR image quality that they sold
their 1Ds Mk. II cameras.

> ... cannot be adapted -configured-to the particular way
> of acting of a photographer

I don't know where you got this information; the configuration setup was
demonstrated to me on the in-store unit. Perhaps your other negative points
ought to be reviewed as well.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com