Subject: [Leica] Friday flower ... and more
From: pswango at att.net (pswango@att.net)
Date: Thu Sep 22 21:21:59 2005

Here's a Friday flower, and also instructions for making a do-it-yourself
DSLR. ;-)

I shot this with my Panasonic LC-40, which has the same lens and imaging
system as the Digilux 1.  The problem is, it has a squinty viewfinder and
smallish LCD screen, so it's hard to focus a macro shot like this so that
you can zero in on a particular part of the flower.  For some reason I got
the idea of holding a pentaprism for a Hasselblad up against the LCD back of
the Panasonic and looking through it like a DSLR.  Clumsy, but it worked.  I
could use the magnified image to focus accurately while seeing the whole LCD
image through the prism.  My prism is one of the Russian ones, but
presumably others would work as well.

http://pswango.smugmug.com/gallery/825205/1/37082438