Subject: [Leica] Re; 50 mm question
From: P2CON at aol.com (P2CON@aol.com)
Date: Fri Sep 23 16:35:28 2005

In a message dated 9/23/2005 4:05:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
peter_knowlden@telus.net writes:
>>Thank you for the tip about not collapsing the Elmar on an M3. I did not
know that; I thought that an M mount meant it worked OK on an M camera.
I can't use it on my Bessa R either, 'cause it scrunches the shutter.
Now you see why my 3.5 Elmar is seldom used. I have the 2.8 Elmar SM on
my IIIg, it moves smoothly  and does nice work but I prefer the
viewfinder on the M3, so maybe I will use an adapter and relegate the
3.5 to shelf-queen status.
Cheers.......................Peter<<

Hi Peter,
My previous post shows what happens when you assume something.  I thought
you
had a SM Elmar 3.5, and gave instructions for relubing the focus mount.
Please disregard those instructions.  I have no clue how to relube the focus
mount
of a M-mount lens.

I did look up the M 3.5 Elmar in the Sartorius book on Leica lenses and it
says the lens was made especially for the M3 so there should be no problem
with
collapsing it when mounted on your M3.

Regards, Paul Connet