Subject: [Leica] Re; 50 mm question
From: peter_knowlden at telus.net (Peter Knowlden)
Date: Fri Sep 23 16:03:28 2005

Thank you for the tip about not collapsing the Elmar on an M3. I did not
know that; I thought that an M mount meant it worked OK on an M camera.
I can't use it on my Bessa R either, 'cause it scrunches the shutter.
Now you see why my 3.5 Elmar is seldom used. I have the 2.8 Elmar SM on
my IIIg, it moves smoothly  and does nice work but I prefer the
viewfinder on the M3, so maybe I will use an adapter and relegate the
3.5 to shelf-queen status.