Subject: [Leica] How do you use the "MicroMega Critical Focuser"?
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Sat Sep 24 20:45:53 2005

Ned Learned/Ric Carter- Thanks for your instructions/info.  I tried
them out after help from my wife. I'm not crazy about this grain
focuser- unless I am missing something. Let me explain: I've been using
another grain scope- a magnasight enlarger magnifying focusing sight
which is a a crude version of the MicroMega model. It works as you
described in your response to my post. I've used it for quite a while-
with good success. The rub is that the bottom surface of the viewing
portion glass (which is frosted) has gone bad- looking thru it you see
a lot of mottled garbage. Therefore my interest in trying this other
grain focuser. Since it is a "Micro" focuser- the image of the negative
you are viewing - when you find it- is very fine/small- and not as easy
or convenient to see. When you do get it, yes - you can get the
critical focus you are looking for. It is just a pain to get it. Maybe
I am just not comfortable with it. Next time I use the enlarger- I'll
have to give it a real try. At first glance- it looks like a fine
instrument. I'll see how it goes. Thanks for your response. Stasys

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] How do you use the "MicroMega Critical Focuser"?)