Subject: [Leica] New Album - take a look--impressive to say the least
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Sep 28 06:17:08 2005

Bill Smith wrote:
> I really love the pics of the vintage, macho engines--do you think pics of
> a modern engine or hybrid would be as stunning? Not even close IMHO. Kinda
> sad.
>
> What filter, if any, did you use?
>
> David Cochran <cochranpr@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter. My two favorites are #2 and #3. I like the tonality and the
> chromes look amazing. Great use of CN400.
>
> peace
>
> David

Bill, David,

As I said elsewhere I like them because of the sculptural qualitites and
also
the sheer simplicity of the engines themselves. They also permit varying
tones
on the metal from highly polished, concours to well-run, well-maintained
engines
that have, shall we say acquired a certain patina (see Maser 8CM for
example).

Thanks very much for the compliments.

No filter, it's standard Kodak BW400CN on a IIIf, processed commercially -
and
in the case of those with big "large images" hi res scanned, otherwise they
are
standard scans. There is a little adjustment in Photoshop to get tonality
etc
etc, but nothing that you couldn't do in a wet darkroom.

Peter