Subject: [Leica] kali...
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed Sep 28 13:30:00 2005

On Sep 28, 2005, at 11:57 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I don't quite know what to say. The stuff I posted this morning and
> last week and the week before that seems so meaningless in
> comparison. But then again, life consists of highs and lows, and as
> I am writing this I think back to the pictures I posted when my
> mother died in 2001 and my father last year...This is what is so
> enriching about this whole exercise, the insight we get into each
> other's lives through this medium.
>
> In any event, I will stop rambling. The pictures are wonderful and
> poignant, and as someone else said, you are the real man here (to
> paraphrase it a bit).

I remember well Nathan, your wonderful photos of your parents,
thankfully shared with us...their basic human power. Here, in this
group,  we sometimes grapple with images, their content, meaning and
technique...occasionally resulting in something of a special sort,
and making possible communication at a unusual level.

(truly, it's not about me,) it's the images with their focus on the
child, the subject, trying to deliver feeling...intimacy, on a tough
subject, with a power that can be felt by others...

Nathan, thank you for your kind words,

Steve