Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 37: Sailing around Friesland with a fellow LUGger
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Thu Sep 29 10:41:59 2005

Richard S. Taylor wrote:
> Nathan - I cannot tell you how much I envy you this sail on such a
> wonderful traditional Dutch thin-water boat.  I feel like I know that
> territory from having re-read "Riddle of the Sands" at least a half
> dozen times but would have loved to actually sail there.  That's a
> beautiful little boat, too.  It just glows with the loving care its
> owner gives it.
>
> I hope you had a great time despite the weather.  Great pix, too.
>
> B.T.W., if I'm not mistaken, isn't that sailboat type with that rig
> actually called, yes, wait for it,... a *lugger*?

Hi Richard,

It's a'Fries jacht' or in Englisch 'Frisian yacht'

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Nathan's PAW 37: Sailing around Friesland with a fellow LUGger)
Message from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Nathan's PAW 37: Sailing around Friesland with a fellow LUGger)