Subject: [Leica] DMR at 1600 iso
From: leica at robsteve.com (Robert Stevens)
Date: Fri Sep 30 06:56:01 2005

How does it compare to the Olympus?

I have a MkII, it may seem to have less noise, but the pictures don't
have the punch the Leica has.  I think a lot of the digitals clobber
the noise and people start to get a plastic look.

This thread has a 3200 asa shot from a 20D.  The model looks like a
plastic doll.  I think if I wanted to invest in Noise Ninja, I could
bring down the noise level of the DMR 1600 iso files, but at the cost
of detail.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/286603

Here is a link right to the picture.

http://www.jasonjenkins.com/gallery/albums/2005_0924t/2005_0924_1959472.jpg