Subject: [Leica] Cat on a high perch
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Sep 30 10:24:00 2005

This morning I was finishing my first cup of coffee and headed back
for a refill when I looked upstairs and saw Spirit perched on the edge
of the 2nd floor planter. It looked like an interesting composition so
I scurried in and grabbed the camera with the 200 on it. She held this
pose for about 8 seconds, I got four pictures before she took a leap
across the stairwell to the counter about four feet away - over a ten
foot drop.

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/09/30/Spirit-BW.jpg>

This is 1/20th of a second @ f2.8, 195mm using the Canon 70-200 f2.8L
image stabilized lens  at ISO 3200.

I never got the composition I wanted - the damn light built into the
vaulted 2nd floor ceiling would be behind the cat if I had had a
second or two more. But you go with what you get and this is darn
close to what I was shooting for.

Adam