Subject: [Leica] chrome 35mm Elmarit-R
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Fri Sep 30 11:14:44 2005

This is one of those tiresome "what is it worth" questions, but this is a
unique case.  I just got one of these lenses in a package purchase... what I
know about it is that 200 or fewer were made for the original Leicaflex, all
single-cam, and that in mint condition it's valued more by collectors than
by users (a very clean chrome 50mm Summicron-R sold recently on ebay for
$900).

This one is in user condition: the focussing ring needs to be re-lubed, the
exterior needs a good cleaning and a new red bump, a previous owner lightly
scratched his initials in the barrel, and it's been converted to 2 cams.
What does all this do to the collectors' value?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] chrome 35mm Elmarit-R)