Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 30, Issue 392
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Sep 30 14:43:50 2005

At 05:33 PM 9/30/2005, you wrote:
>Different work flows same deal. Yes you're right RAW is RAW. But once
>you open it some filtering will occur either as instructed in camera
>'settings' or as directed by the computer software or some combination
>of both. In no case will you view the actual RAW data.
>
>regards, George

My camera has no settings for RAW.  It does for the jpeg that I save
along with RAW. The file that is saved as RAW has no processings, no
settings, no adjustments made.  It is exactly what the camera
captures.  True, when you open the file, if you set all of the ACR
setting to import the file without any adjustments, you will also get
exactly what the camera captured but with the color profile and size
assigned as you designate.  Everything else - sharpening, exposure,
color balance, brightness, saturation, temperature, tint, contrast,
noise -  are exactly as they are captured by the camera.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from leica at robsteve.com (Robert Stevens) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 30, Issue 392)