Subject: [Leica] Nocti_play
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Oct 3 11:23:54 2005

In a message dated 10/3/2005 11:17:48 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
abridge@gmail.com writes:

I think that, somehow, brightening it up takes away from the image  -
it loses context becaue the sky is so bright it might as well  be
daylight. Deepening the sky at this point might be a good  thing?

Adam

Yeah, Adam, that's why I kinda like the cropped version.  The  problem with
going darker is that you loose the man and the grain goes  noisy.

Thanks for looking!

Sonny

On 10/3/05, SonC@aol.com <SonC@aol.com> wrote:
> Last  week there was a power failure a couple  nights after  Rita, but
luckily
> it was only a transformer.  I went out  M 6 and  Noctilux in hand, and
> shot
> few frames.  I think it was  about  1/15th.  The sun was down, I focused
> on
the
> wires as  I could not see the  man clearly (no chance of viewfinder flare
in
> these conditions!)   No  street lights nearby, only  the afterglow in the
> western sky, and the flashers on  the two  trucks.  This was the only
> frame
that was
> steady enough to  work  with.  The scan was done on a Nikon   5000ed
>
>  http://www.sonc.com/f1_and_be_there2.htm

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com