Subject: [Leica] Nobska Light
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Wed Oct 5 09:03:45 2005

Adam - Your comment about the people detracting from the image in
this case rally caught my attention since I have been trying to get
MORE people into my photos not less.  In any case, I wanted to follow
up on your suggestion so I took them out using PS/CS.

No people:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/SAILING/03_9_0071_no_people_crop_web

People:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/SAILING/03_9_0071_web

The photo looked a bit unbalanced to my eye without the people so I
cropped it tighter.  This seems like an improvement to my eye it
would be interesting to hear what you and others think.

I took six shots in all of which this was the best.  Probably should
have shot more but I was on my way to dinner with friends and felt
some time pressure.  Couldn't move much more to the left either which
I think might have improved the photo without the people since there
is a restricted area there.

In any case, many thanks for the detailed comments.