Subject: [Leica] Here Kyle, let me help with your head.
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Thu Oct 6 07:46:34 2005

On Oct 6, 2005, at 9:53 AM, Walt Johnson wrote:

> The  below listed gentleman's  way of dealing with a /*goth*/ approach
> to reality might help;
>

> http://www.magnumphotos.com/c/htm/FramerT_MAG.aspx?
> Stat=Portfolio_DocThumb&V=CDocT&E=2TYRYDAEYHMT&DT=ALB
>
> Walt

Walt, your take on "Goth" is interesting.  I don't view D'Agata's work
as being representative of "goth."  His work strikes me as being more
closely related to erotica, though I acknowledge that the lines between
the two "genres" are sometimes a bit blurry.

Kyle's work strikes me as being supremely ironic, and comedic, at the
same time, and that's a difficult stunt to pull off.  I don't think
Kyle pulls it off all the time, but certainly often enough to make his
work enjoyable, at least for me.  Doing "goth" with irony is, IMHO,
also difficult because the goth aesthetic is already suffused with
irony.

Ken
-
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier