Subject: [Leica] Here Kyle, let me help with your head.
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Oct 6 07:06:13 2005

Well, Walt, you and I do agree on what age does to almost all of us and our
aesthetic sensibility. But we clearly disagree on Kyle's work. Okay, he's my
friend. But I have friends whose work I think is crap - and Kyle most
certainly isn't one of them.

Do I like all of his stuff - no. But I can appreciate it. Yes, I do get
bored with goth after goth after goth. But whether or not the subjects
always move me, I see real creativity, imagination, and humor in the work.
And I still want to know how he does the damn floaters.

As to your Hacks Hall of Fame - the only one I disagree with is Wegeman.
Yes, he's got a gimmick. But as son Ben put it when he was 16 and we went to
see Wegeman's show at the Guggenheim - back when there was only one ;-):
"He's a comedian with a camera." His stuff cracks me up. It makes me laugh.
His fairy tale books are delightful. But different photographers for
different folks.

B. D.