Subject: [Leica] Which scanner
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Sat Oct 8 05:54:02 2005

I wouldn't argue the science of scanning with Dory, but I've been
quite happy with the Epson 4870 I bought a year or so ago.

While I needed a flat bed also, I picked the dual purpose and
replaced my Polaroid SprintScan Plus.

The 35mm scans I've done, I've been quite happy with, but I may have
lower expectations than others.

This collection was done entirely on the Epson flatbed (except for a
few direct digitals).
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Goose-Creek-State-Park

Money saved is money that can be spent on film.

Ric Carter