Subject: [Leica] Thanks, a complaint about Leica Ms, and PAW # 40...
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Sun Oct 9 12:55:53 2005

Hi Folks,

I'd like to extend my thanks to everyone who replied to my "Which one" post
with the two photos of the father&son.  The votes seemed about evenly
split, probably reflecting what a number pointed out: each had something
going for it, but neither had everything/enough.

Several folks, starting I believe with Slobodon, suggested it should have
been a vertical shot...I think they're right.  This also reminds me of a
comment Phong made to me about a year ago that I should shoot more
verticals.  I don't think I was this "horizontal-centric" when I was
shooting with my F3...I must say that for all I love my Leicas, I find them
significantly less ergonomic to shoot with vertically than
horizontally...for some reason I seem to have a harder time aligning RF
images when holding the camera vertically.  Plus, the focus tab on my
35cron, which lines up so nicely with my forefinger when horizontal,
doesn't seem as useful vertically.  Oh well.

That having been said, I note with some chagrin that 3 of the 4 photos I'm
posting this week are verticals.  So maybe there's still hope.  :)

Here's the PAW four-pack...pretty self-explanatory...M6TTL with 21/4
voigtlander, 35/2 cron, and 50/2 collapsible summitar:
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_40/index.html

Best,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Thanks, a complaint about Leica Ms, and PAW # 40...)