Subject: [Leica] Leica R Lenses on Canon DSLRs
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Oct 10 16:00:24 2005

Hello Gene,
I use two Novoflex adapters, one is almost always attached to a Super
Agulon 21/4, the other I switch back and forth between other lenses from
28 to 250mm. I don't bother with Leica 50mm lenses, I personally find
that Zeiss (CY mount) 50s are better, and lighter, particularly the 1,7/50.
As to the 5D and Leica compatibility - if it has the same mount and
inner dimensions as an EOS 500N (Rebel something or other), film SLR,
then it may be of interest to note that I've had no problems with
pre-ROM Leica-R lenses (all my lenses are pre-1980).
Douglas