Subject: [Leica] FOM2
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Mon Oct 10 19:48:59 2005

Steve, these are very kind words, and they please me greatly, but its
the fact that the project is from a group of people most of whom have
never met, and yet most of whom have developed strong ties that makes
it so interesting: This could not have happened before the internet
became commonplace, and without the ideas of people like Brian. Now we
have a 5 year project run in Australia, with contributions from Europe,
Asia, and North America and contributions from all over the world.
Great time to be alive, and the project has straddled some very very
interesting times in photography. Autofocus was the big talking point
at the beginning, no one even mentions it now. The world of photography
is in a major state of flux.

Cheers