Subject: [Leica] Black and White
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Wed Oct 12 10:54:55 2005

2005-10-12-13:06:29 Tina Manley:
> So far, the vote is 14 for B&W, 7 for color, 4 for Sepia, and 4
> undecided (including me).

I can't decide on one or the other for all the photos.  The pictures
which are mostly someone's face, where you're seeing into someone's
eyes, I find more compelling in B&W -- the color seems like just a
distraction from seeing the person.   In the larger scenes, the colors
of the fabrics and the subtler colors of everything else seem so much a
part of the world in which your subjects live that the photos seem
diminished without color.

I've just never been a fan of sepia.

 -Jeff M.

Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Black and White)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Black and White)