Subject: [Leica] #351 & #352
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Thu Oct 13 14:58:37 2005

From: "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net>

Subject: Re: [Leica] #351 & #352

> Leica IIIf : 50mm Summitar : red filter : Kodak T400 CN
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05351.htm

>Leica M6 : 75mm Summilux : orange filter : Kodak T400 CN
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05352.htm

> > Dunno how you do it...I can't make 400CN even with red filter.
Beautiful.

> I can't either.  I gave up several years ago on (at that time T400CN) the
> C41 B&W films because I couldn't get any effect much at all with my
colored
> filters.  Looked much the same with as without.  Went back to Tri-X and
> everything returned to normal with filters.
>
> Don't know what I did wrong.
>
> JB
---------------------
Peter, John,

I'm using the last of my T400 CN stock and I don't know how I do it either,
in so far as I have no special process to achieve it. A straight scan
delivers a sky with nothing like a red filter effect but there is enough
detail in the sky to allow me to burn it in and that's what I do when I get
it in PhotoShop.

Thanks for looking.

--Graham

Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] #351 & #352)