Subject: [Leica] Re:New 12.8 megapixel 5D. Leicanon!
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Wed Oct 19 07:04:08 2005

>Ted:
>
>Take a look at wide shots from the 5D.  All the image is smeared
>looking other than the central portion.  I have seen this both with
>the fine Canon L wides and the finest of the Leica wides.  If you
>ever heard the expression "If it looks too good to be true?"  The 1Ds
>MK II doesn't seem to suffer from this problem with the wides.
>
>Regards,

Ted

I'm just shooting right now with 5D and 14mm f2.8, 16-35mm f2.8 and
24-105mm f4. It's too early for  having complete conclusions but saying
that "all the image is smeared...other than central portion" is merely
an exaggeration, and I'm a user of Leica R with 21-35mm zoom and Leica M
with 21mm lenses. You have shot many, many pictures with your
-excellent- Canon 20D, just give the 5D an opportunity! There are some
important members of the LUG -I don't need mentioning them-  who started
shooting with digital Canon "and" Leica lenses. Good match. But I'm
watching that, more and more, they are actually  using  right now Canon
lenses too.

Regards

Felix

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Re:New 12.8 megapixel 5D. Leicanon!)