Subject: [Leica] New Apple software, Aperture
From: wooderson at gmail.com (Matt Powell)
Date: Wed Oct 19 17:34:07 2005

On 10/19/05, Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@gmx.de> wrote:
> Matt,
> looking at the specs it seems to be a highly versatile DTP system to
> work along with PS, not as an alternative to it.
> Interesting stuff!!
> Douglas

That's what they're saying, and what I'm reading on the Mac geek
sites, but for my part I think it eliminates a lot of PS's usefulness

With color correction and sharpening (I assume it has the latter, I
haven't watched all the movies), and no need for dust/scratch
retouching for digital files, you've just eliminated what most people
use CS2 for. Retouchers and people making composites will still need
PS, but there are significant number of digital users who no longer
will.

--
Matt Powell
wooderson@gmail.com