Subject: [Leica] Last Update on Friday Night LUG Dinner in San Francisco -Oct 28/05
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Oct 19 17:58:34 2005

On 10/19/05 6:47 AM, "Bill Grimwood" <bill@grimwood.net> typed:

> Please add our names to the LUG dinner,  Bill & Faye Grimwood.  I will have
> to be back to the hotel by 8:30 to put on the Leica Image presentation.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

I also will be heading back for everybody's slide show early having busted
my but getting those sides in there's no way I'm going to miss that! "Eat
and Run" but "so it goes". To match "Output & FedEx"

Bill, we'll take a special high speed cable car or maybe there's a vacuum
tube for people in the famous San Fran public Transportation system.
"BART Sucks".

It's always a trill to see if I can get an audience reaction from one of my
slides, it's happened once or twice. Last year I didn't get my slides in and
the meeting just wasn't the same. Who says image making is not a performance
art? And speak into that damn microphone without a muck up.

My slides I had outputted this year to "slide" at a service from files I
mainly made from Xp2 chromegic black and white negs I had scanned or scanned
myself.  Then Photoshoped to sublimity.
I'm on a roll with that Inkjetting. But this is "print to slide output". All
you need is a color space; and a little imagination. And some extras to edit
down from.
The world of Photoshop has surely invaded my Leica shooting in ways I'd not
have thought. So much for "pure" photography. Which I think is misnomer. And
Oxymoron.*

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/

* A paradox reduced to two words, usually in an adjective-noun ("eloquent
silence") or adverb-adjective ("inertly strong") relationship, and is used
for effect, to emphasize contrasts, incongruities, hypocrisy, or simply the
complex nature of reality.