Subject: [Leica] New Apple software, Aperture
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Oct 20 07:10:56 2005

The question at the moment, it seems to me, is the value of the software,
not the oh-so-boring arguments about pc v mac. ;-)

The reality in this digital age is that those abilities that you suggest are
of interest to pjs, are of interest to anyone doing more than the occasional
Sunday shoot of Skipper and Tiffany, or a few rocks and fields. As I looked
at the various features yesterday, it struck me that this new software
offers most of the PS features I use, in addition to a plethora of
improvements in terms of workflow. And as the on-line pitch points out, it
will integrate fully with PS, so anyone who needs additional features will
have them. But who knows, the whole thing could be a lumbering dog that
really does require a dual processor G5 Power Mac with at least two gigs of
memory to even get up off the floor and bark. And if that's the case, it's
not going to find allot of takers.

On the other hand... ;-)