Subject: [Leica] Inkjet Print Life
From: jim.christie at sbcglobal.net (Jim Christie)
Date: Thu Oct 20 18:36:20 2005

I have a friend who has been told that her Canon i9900 prints will not have
a quality life beyond 2 or 3 years and she is so upset she is thinking about
buying a new printer. I told her that I didn't think she should be so
worried and that I thought the quality life of an inkjet photograph had more
to do with the ink and paper used.

In fact, I think that if she were to use the high quality Canon recommended
paper along with her normal canon replacement inks that her prints should
have a life approximately equal to other printers of equal value. Thus, I
would think that, if her prints are under glass, they should have a life of
at least 50 or more years. Can any of you help me with this issue?

Jim

Replies: Reply from gwlists at aol.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Inkjet Print Life)
Reply from lists at heninger.org (Wade Heninger) ([Leica] Inkjet Print Life)