Subject: [Leica] Pitching for a job
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Fri Oct 21 00:37:19 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "GeeBee" <geebee@geebeephoto.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug@leica-users.org>
Sent: 21 October 2005 08:29
Subject: Re: [Leica] Pitching for a job

> Action with a rangefinder :-)
>
> Leica M6 and almost certainly 50mm DR Summicron (cropped)
> Week #31
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/Leica_PAW_2002/index.html
>
> Canon shmanon :-)
>
> --Graham

------------------------------

Ha! It was shot with the 35mm Summicron. Found this in the archives in
response to the question 'was it cropped?' :

"Huge crop. Imagine the neg lined horizontally and
vertically in thirds and what you see is the middle rectangle or to put it
another way, one ninth of the neg. I took two shots with the 35mm which was
the lens I had on as I approached and this was the second shot of two with
that lens. Yes I know, what kind of doofus shoots sports action with a 35mm
lens? Answer, this doofus. I switched to the 50mm Noctilux and got a little
closer for the next three shots and as a consequence these are about one
third of the neg. Yes I know, what kind of doofus uses a Noctilux in full
sun? Answer; this doofus. I do have a 90mm and a 135mm but I wanted a few
bankers in focus before I got ambitious.Then calamity, the exposure meter
'crapped out' (thanks Ted for the graphic description).  Although I have a
hand held meter in the bag and I am perfectly capable of getting acceptable
results in such circumstances with no meter at all, I stopped shooting? What
kind of doofus stops shooting when the pickings are so rich. Answer, this
doofus.To say I was depressed by the meter failure is an understatement
bordering on the supernatural. Right there, right then, I could have
cheerfully packed in photography and taken up croquet. The bad news for the
PAW haters is that I'm over it now :-)"

The Noctilux sequence referred to is long gone into my 'oldest on the
bottom' cupboard filing system.

--Graham

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Pitching for a job)
Message from leica at robsteve.com (Robert Stevens) ([Leica] Pitching for a job)