Subject: [Leica] Leica & Wetzlar Germany
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Fri Oct 21 11:04:47 2005

> Some of you may remember that I wrote sometime ago that I was taking a
trip to Germany co-sponsored by Reed's Cameras and Leica. It was a wonderful
trip and here are 4 pictures from Wetzlar I thought you might enjoy seeing.
(All taken with my Digilux 2)  -  Jim

Great pix, thanks.  The LHSA spring shoot several years ago was in
Wetzlar/Solms led by Sal DeMarco.  The last pic is of Die Eisenmarkt (sp?)
which is one of Barnack's most famous early prototype shots, but did he live
there? We were taken to a residential neighborhood and shown a 3 story house
that was billed as the master's residence.  Maybe he had a small upstairs
apartment on the Eisenmarkt when he was a struggling camera designer ;-)

Did you get to see his grave?  Very memorable headstone.

JB