Subject: [Leica] Need tips buying used Leica lenses (In particular Leitz 50/3.5 Elmar)
From: edwin76 at gmail.com (Ed)
Date: Sun Oct 23 03:41:13 2005

Hi guys, I'm looking around for a used 50mm 3.5 Elmar and I've noticed quite
a large number online going anywhere from US$130-US$400. Are there any tips
on what to look out for specifically regarding this lens? Websites etc that
I could read up on would be great also.

I've read so far that scratches and cleaning marks are to be expected, do
they usually affect the images greatly if they are light marks?

Thanks for any help!

Ed

Replies: Reply from cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran) ([Leica] Need tips buying used Leica lenses (In particular Leitz 50/3.5 Elmar))
Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Need tips buying used Leica lenses (In particular Leitz 50/3.5 Elmar))