Subject: [Leica] Need tips buying used Leica lenses (In particular Leitz 50/3.5 Elmar)
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Sun Oct 23 07:14:23 2005

The only way to repair a 50 3.5 or 2.8 is to replace the front
element. Buy the best you can find and keep it that way. If you are
looking for an M mount lens, then I would highly recommend the
current 50/2.8. A stunning performer with modern hard front lens
coatings.

A single scratch will probably have little or no effect. A few light
scratches will start to soften the the image.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Need tips buying used Leica lenses (In particular Leitz 50/3.5 Elmar))