Subject: [Leica] Re: Inkjet print life
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Oct 23 07:57:28 2005

Benjamin,
Like anything in modern life, you have to read the fine print. HP
specifically designed their ink and paper as a unified set: they make no
claims unless you use both together. Epson, on the other hand does not tie
their product quite so tightly together. Therefore in the Epson world, you
can use their inks on a good quality watercolor paper and expect 70 to 100
years of life in an album or behind glass.
 Don't give up on inkjets because you have to learn a new work flow. In the
silver world, you had to learn about dual fixer baths, fix removal
solutions, archival wash procedures, testing for retained fixer, and paper
drying protocols that now seem easy and straightforward. What seems arcane
now will become normal with use. :)
 Don
don.dory@gmail.com