Subject: [Leica] Another 5D question
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Oct 23 23:29:30 2005

Gene,

I had the 1.4/24mm L Canon and sold it when I migrated from the 20D to
1D Mark 2, not because the lens was bad but because of the changed
sensor factor (1.3 vs. 1.6). Among wide Canon lenses, I now have the
4/17-40mm L, which is an excellent lens on the 1DII, and the 1.4/35mm L,
which is an excellent lens by any standard.

I also have a 2.8/14mm Sigma on loan from a friend, and that lens is
also very good, much better than other Sigma lenses I have tried, both
in terms of build quality and optical performance.

Nathan