Subject: [Leica] B. D. PAWS with a $699 DSLR
From: leica at robsteve.com (Robert Stevens)
Date: Tue Oct 25 07:41:21 2005

B.D.

What type of AF does this have?   Are there multiple points to
select?  I have noticed in your past few PAWs the focus has been off
a bit.  It is sort of like a lot of the Leica D2 shots you see where
the focus is not on the subject but somewhere else like the
background.  In t2, it seems to be somewhere else like the
sleeve.  On some of the shots prior to it in the gallery, it seems to
be focused to something on the side of the frame.  In this one it is
focused on the guy on the left of the frame (
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Tea-Time/T3_071205 ) .  It just seems
odd that the focus is getting things on the side of the frame.

Here is another where the kid is oof and the mother on the edge of
the frame is in focus.  http://gallery.leica-users.org/Tea-Time/Tbaby  .

Is this a focus point selection thing or just a coincidence that
things on the side of the frame are sharper?

Robert