Subject: [Leica] Final List/Notice Before We Have Dinner:LUG Group Dinner October 28, 2005 @ 6:15pm
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc)
Date: Tue Oct 25 13:26:56 2005

Bay Area LUGGERs and LHSA visitors:

I'm posting this at Greg Lorenzo's request.
He is en route and has limited internet
access.  A tip of the lens hood to Greg
for pulling off this feat of cross-border
cat herding!  I haven't tried the restaurant
myself, but more info at:
http://www.firstcrush.com/

Peter Choy.
SF, CA

P.S. If you arrive in town and are utterly
baffled, feel free to give me a call at
415.317.3356. We can join the local 12-step
group for the utterly baffled.

---------------------------------

Dinner details are finally set. We will dining at the
restaurant First Crush in San Francisco at 6:15pm.
Note: this is a change in location and timing due to
an inability of the restaurant Colibre to accomodate
more than 24 people on a Friday night. People
attending the 5:30 - 6:30pm  LHSA Cocktail Party on
Friday night should plan on leaving the Marine's Hotel
by 6:10 pm. We will be served a 3 course meal and each
person can choose from a number of selections.
Additionally, the restaurant will provide one other
vegetarion selection (Roast Squash) to the choices
list below.

The cost per person is fixed at $42.50/person, plus
20% gatuity, plus tax. Drinks are extra with a
separate tab setup for each table (3 tables of 10).

First Crush required an non-refundable upfront deposit
and I have done so using my credit card.

First Crush is located four blocks from the Marines
Memorial Hotel at 101 Cyril Magnin Street. Their web
site and directions can be found here:
http://www.firstcrush.com/

We are fully booked with 30 persons. (see attendees
listing beneath the menu ).

Our menu choices are as follows:

FIRST COURSE SELECTIONS (your choice of one item)

- Mixed Greens
 Organic field greens lightly tossed with a daily
selected vinaigrette.

- Avocado, Tomato and Cucumber Salad
 Slices of fresh avocado paired with California
tomatoes and English cucumbers. Served with sliced red
onions,    cured black olives, French feta and
drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.

-Fresh Crab Cake
Fresh crab cake served over saut?ed leeks. Dressed
with mustard cream.

SECOND COURSE SELECTIONS (your choice of one item
below or Roasted Squash))

- Fava Bean and Tarragon Penne Pasta
  Penne pasta tossed with fava beans, radicchio and
asparagus tips. Finished with a tarragon reduction and
    Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.

- Macadamia Crusted Halibut
Fresh halibut encrusted with macadamia nuts, served on
jasmine rice with Vietnamese cucumber salad and a
spicy green coconut-curry sauce.

- Pan-Roasted Chicken Breast
Free-range chicken breast served with garlic mashed
potatoes and broccoli rabe. Finished with a sherry
jus.

- Ribeye Steak
Mesquite grilled to order with mushroom sauce. Served
with balsamic vinaigrette-drizzled baby greens and
shoestring fries.

THIRD COURSE SELECTIONS (your choice of one item)

- Valhrona Chocolate S?mores Pie
with marshmallow meringue and butterscotch cr?me
anglaise.

- Trio of Sorbets
Blackberry-cabernet, raspberry zinfandel, and mango
served with Madagascar vanilla bean shortbread.

- Brioche Bread Pudding
With browned-butter apple compote + rum raisin ice
cream

ATTENDEES: 30 Persons are now confirmed (1 on waiting
list). They are:

Byron Rakitzis
Ed Kowaleski & spouse
Gary Todoroff
George Hartzell
Greg Lorenzo
Henning & Tanya Wulff
John Gong
Ken Iisaka
Lisa Spaulding
Mark Davison
Mark Cohen
Mark Rabiner
Peter Choy & guest
Peter Klein
Richard Wasserman
Seth Rosner
Slobodan Dimitrov
Stasys & Irene Petravicius
Stephan Gandy
Tom & Tuulikki Abrahamsson
Tom Schofield
Tony Rose
Uwe & Janice Zum Hingst
Wayne Serrano

Wait list: Gib Robinson. The restaurant is still
trying to find room for you Gib.

My email access is very limited now as I'm away from
home on my way to San Francisco - arriving tomorrow
afternoon. I will be staying at the Cartwright Hotel
and you may be able to reach me there if necessary or
catch me at one of the LHSA functions prior to Friday
morning.

Regards and see you all on Friday!

Greg

http://farechase.yahoo.com