Subject: [Leica] Infinity focus accuracy
From: bussbearm at aei.ca (Robert Beaudoin)
Date: Tue Oct 25 16:48:05 2005

Bonsoir,

  Sorry for being a bit late, but I'm on the digest.  This one seems to have
gone unnoticed however it must be challenged.  Ted Grant ye olde master has
got it wrong.  Ted claims that it does not matter if one's camera
rangefinder is off at infinity since one usually very rarely takes photos at
infinity. Just stop down the lens says he. Well, if the rangefinder on my M5
is off at infinity, assuming the lens is properly calibrated, it certainly
also has to be off at any other distances, including the shortest ones.  How
can it be any other way?  Is it possible for a rangefinder to be off at
infinity but not at other distances?  What say you experts?  Inquiring minds
etc. etc.

   Best,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Infinity focus accuracy)