Subject: [Leica] Requesting opinions about the Elmarit-R 24mm
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Oct 27 21:38:57 2005

Hi Didier,

I agree with Don's answer--that unless you already have it, it will be
unlikely to give you better results than the Canon or Nikon lenses.

To answer the other part of your question, yes, since you will be using
the lens with an adapter, it does not matter how many cams the lens has.
 From the camera's point of view there is no lens on the camera. My
Canon DSLR simply shows '00' as the aperture when I have one of my Leica
lenses mounted on it, and no focal length or aperture is registered in
the EXIF data. However, aperture-priority metering does work correctly.

Nathan