Subject: [Leica] Requesting opinions about the Elmarit-R 24mm
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Oct 27 06:07:39 2005

Didier,
All three share the same optical design which is derived from a Minolta
design from the 70's. As a performer, it is OK, I certainly would not
acquire one to use on a DSLR as you can use the native lens with comparable
result. If you already own one, then results will be comparable to what you
can get from Nikon, Canon, Pentax, and Minolta so that would avoid expending
funds. If you are looking for this focal length then the Canon 17-40 is very
good at the 24mm setting as well as the Canon 24mm F1.4 or 2.8 version
perform very well.
 I hope this lukewarm comment about this particular focal length helps you
in your decision process.
 Don
don.dory@gmail.com