Subject: [Leica] How are folks handling non-standard matting issues?
From: paul at paulhardycarter.com (PHC)
Date: Fri Oct 28 08:31:21 2005

Mats?

I'm a Brit, and this is something that has always confused me but which
I've never clarified before, so here's my chance. For me, you see, a
mat is something you tread on when you come in through the door.

I've always assumed that an American mat is what we would call a mount
- is that correct? In other words it's the piece of card onto which one
would stick a print.

Then there is often the "window mount" which is usually a higher
quality card with a window cut into it, usually at an angle of 45deg.
Is this part of the mat too?

When I've sold "matted prints" to US types before they always get the
print dry-mounted onto card, but not the window mount. Am I
short-changing people? Am I making sense?

Help out a confused innocent...

P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter