Subject: [Leica] Mikey's climb
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Oct 29 12:16:55 2005

This morning I went outside to adjust one of the political yard signs
that had been bent either by the wind or a passerby disgruntled with
the candidate. Mikey, our year-old kitty, came out along with me. The
day was fresh with some blue sky finally showing up and a bit of a
breeze. Clearly Mikey was invigorated because he ran toward the
north-most silver maple standing along B Street and ran up the trunk -
and found himself at the crotch of the tree! I've never seen him go
that far up before and I'm not sure he had ever been that high either
as there was a look of "Oh - look at what I did!!!" which was then
followed by a "Oh - look at what I did...GULP"

I ran in and grabbed the camera - fortunately it had the 70-200 lens
fitted - and took a few shots as Mikey explored the tree. He was not
entirely happy - climbing even higher - then back to the safety of the
crotch where I shot this:

<http://www.abridge/adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/29/MikeyTreed.jpg>

After a few panicky looks he ran down the tree - landing on the grass
with a solid THUMP - and then ran around the yard a few times at top
speed, making tight cuts like a wide receiver running a crossing
pattern, leaving the free safety laying on the turf

II can tell it's autumn, football metaphors are creeping in.

Enjoy!

Adam

Details: 1DsMkII, 70-200 f2.8L zoom. There are blown highlights on the
tree but I needed to let them go in order to catch the shadey stuff,
even though I know they detract.

AB

Replies: Reply from cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran) ([Leica] Mikey's climb)