Subject: [Leica] New Leica Photos
From: cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran)
Date: Sat Oct 29 17:42:33 2005

Well, thank you!

The owner of the lab I take my rolls is old school. He gets pride in
doing the prints himself. His philosophy is to do the best that he can
with his equipment.
My prints come out extremely good for a 1 hour photo lab. In the
negatives there is more information and I guess one day I can bring
some of the worthier ones to better standards.
The prints show a bit more detail than the scanner is showing. I could
go in and dodge, burn, sharpen and all that but these days I'm beat
tired.
I play a bit in PS with "levels". Not much, just a bit.
When I shot the fountain pictures I also took some pictures at the
place with my Canon Elan 7N. It has the basic cheap zoom. The images
lack, I am surprised that the single coated Summitar renders sharper
images than the modern Canon lens.

peace

David