Subject: [Leica] eyes...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Oct 29 19:03:57 2005

Sonny said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] eyes...
>>> Nice  set, but I would toss #5, as it doesn't fit.<<<<

Steve asked:
Sonny said:
>>> All the others are engaged with the camera, he is  not<<<

Hi Sonny & Steve,
Sorry Sonny I'd have gone the other way, thrown all the others out and kept
"Eyes 5" as it's the only magical photograph! :-)

But more important, the eye 5 guy is thinking and his mind is in action, it
shows in his eyes! Like he's alive and doing something even though we don't
see what it is, but it shows in his eyes as they're alive and crispy sharp!

The best live eye pictures occur when the subject is busy and involved doing
something, I'm not telling you something new.;-)

Steve is in the perfect environment for eyes while being in the hospital
OR's as the light is so beautiful all you really see are eyes above the face
mask. I suppose I could say, "look in my books, Doctor's Work and Women in
Medicine."  And there's any number of beautiful eye pictures from all over.
Gotta get a little plug in there. ;-)

"When people are thinking and activily engaged" as we see in Eye 5, it
shows in their eyes be it whatever profession or trade, the mind
concentration action shows in the eyes.

It's a completely different photograph to a "portrait style" as we see in
the other pictures. I don't doubt Steve is going to achieve the kind of eye
series he has in mind, but it's not an easy subject to shoot. Well any
subject is a tough thing to shoot when building a series of excellent
photographs, but he'll do it.

But Steve don't quite give-up the doctoring part of the job just yet! ;-)

I believe Steve said he shot this set of 5 pictures in an hour, so be it. So
at this moment for his efforts he has one solid eye shot number 5. So after
many many 8 -12 hour days in OR's and other hospital situations he'll begin
to develop a smashing block of photography.

So I for one, am waiting to see them as there's no doubt Steve's talent for
capturing moving moments will produce a beautiful series.
 ted

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] eyes...)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] eyes...)