Subject: [Leica] Digital FIBER prints
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Wed Nov 9 11:20:19 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Meier <robertmeier@usjet.net>
Feli,
Yes, there is something missing with RC prints.   But why go to all this
trouble (and expense)?  Shoot film and make your own fiber prints.
Bob

I do shoot film and lots of it. I recently got a digital SLR, but only use
it for my
day job. Everything else is shot on good old Tri-X; fed through M, R and
Rolleiflex
cameras.

I still make wet prints, but don't have the space for a permanent darkroom.
So, I set up my Mac for Lightjet prints and can knock one out when I need a
print in
a hurry or can't disrupt my apartment to make a wet print. Finding a place
that can make
digital fiber prints would be brilliant.

I really prefer wet prints. To my eye, nothing beats a good fiber print.
Lightjet prints are
on RC paper and, well...they look like RC prints.

I also prefer the 'hand made' aspect of a wet print, over a mass produced
digital print.

One advantage of the Lightjet is that I can make big prints, like a 16x20.
It's difficult for
me to make such big wet prints, with my current set up.

I also have some damaged negs that can only be printed digitally. Someday I
may have a new negative
made from the digital file, so I can make wet prints.

Feli di Giorgio                 feli2@earthlink.net
www.elanphotos.com