Subject: [Leica] The Slippery Slope
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Nov 9 11:52:20 2005

All of this has to do with what we're used to - what looks like
"photography" to us. I've been thinking recently about digital and film, and
the fact that digital does not look  exactly like film, and therefore looks
different from what we have come to expect photographs -photography - to
look like. But those who are starting to photograph now will see digital as
"normal," and film as some weird old artifact - just as those raised on
glass plates saw film.