Subject: [Leica] PAW 45 - last glimpses of autumn
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu Nov 10 10:23:37 2005

Ted Grant wrote:
> Peter Dzwig offered:
> Subject: [Leica] PAW 45 - last glimpses of autumn
>

>> Not so far from us is an long disused railway track now part of a long
>> distance footpath.
>> PAW 45 Broken Gate:
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album164/BrokenGate200510
>>
>> The gate was probably a farmer's access route across the track. The
>> path runs out in about 100yards beyond it.
>> PAW 45 ALT Old line:
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album164/TheOldTrack200510
>> This is the track bed itself now.<<<
>

> Peter,
> I much prefer "Broken Gate" because of it's stronger foreground as it
> creates a feeling of greater depth to the scene.
>
> Always interesting to see what a good photographer can do with a 50mm
> lens when it's decried by some as a poor choice. Regardless of HCB.
>
> ted.
Ted,
first find a good photographer!!

Seriously the reason for providing the two was that while I think that the
gate
draws your attention immediately, if you take the time to let your eye look
at
The Old Track, you find that you are drawn along the path into the
background.
How well it works does depend on the screen setup and the balance.
This many trees always makes a difficult shot in B&W, red filters or no. I
note
that Graham rarely has this many trees in his pictures!!

I guess it depends whether you want to be grabbed or are happy to look
awhile.

thanks for the comments, all the best to you both,

Peter

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] PAW 45 - last glimpses of autumn)