Subject: [Leica] Obit
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri Nov 11 14:05:07 2005

Didier Ludwig wrote:

> Didn't know him, but I like his statement "The person you are
> photographing is 50% of the portrait and you are the other 50%".
> Didier
>

>>>From BBC Online:
>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4427752.stm

Lichfield didn't really move in a Leica world, but as a photographer in the
sixties he shot just about anyone in "Swinging" London. He developed his
style
down the years but stuck to fashion and Royal photography, where he took
some
great shots. He was a good photographer who will be sorely missed. I always
liked his work.

Someone said of him this evening, that he (the speaker) knew Lichfield's
public
persona, but never knew what photos Lichfield took for himself.

Peter Dzwig

Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Obit)