Subject: [Leica] Playing around with Elmar
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Nov 14 13:37:52 2005

Daniel Ridings wrote:

> The sun peeked out briefly so I played around with the kitchen IIIf
> with an old Elmar (no serial numbers on it, just golden nickel).
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album08/05v45_0029
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album08/05v45_0030
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album08/05v45_0031
>
> It flares extremely, extremely easily, but if you catch it in a good
> mood, it's a nice little gem.
>
> Daniel

I see that your daughter looks a more willing subject and possibly more
patient
subject now - well a bit!

I liked the contrast of the light and shadow around her in the third shot
particularly.

To quote Puts:

"...and there is no distortion, At maximum aperture overall contrast is
medium
...At f8 the edges have improved significantly and best performance is at f
11
where excellent imagery can be delivered; even today this performance is
quite
good."

It's light and simple design and it just seems to work. In as far as I use
teles
I find it a great little lens to use; but I do feel the need of a 300mm on
occasion. Still.